Saturday, March 23, 2013

The only constant is change.

I know it's bee. A while since I wrote anything, but it has t been due to no gaming to write about. I've been working on Ocean Thunder, I've tweaked some of the rules for movement and gunnery.

For movement I have cut the distance moved by half and have been thinking of changing up how the ships turn during their movement. Instead of having a given angle they can turn at the end of movement they will instead have a template that is used to push the ship around. This looks like it will help keep the opposing forces from closing too quickly. Also the changes made in the ships turning will be more realistic.

The gunnery changes have really been streamlined. I'm not worrying about a percentage of shells possibly hitting the target area anymore. All guns that can be brought to bear will have a die rolled for it. In doing so I have also made the to it number based on distance one higher at each range bracket. I think it has become a more playable game in that a player is able to control more ships at a time with out making it an all day affair just to complete a single turn.

I really think the changes are going to make this a more modern feeling game. The game design is so much more advanced than I had it before.

Keep watching for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment